Friday, March 21, 2008

Thought Scribble - Working weekend thoughts

Its about 7 am on a Saturday morning. . I am at office working on a weekend (I t was my turn for the weekend support), and rather relaxed at that as it was the Easter weekend in the UK and not much was going on in the servers. The world outside still looked much similar to what it was when i boarded the cab to office at about 06:00. The office was deserted and except for me and two of my colleagues. The AC above my 3rd line manager was still running (not the manager himself though) which reminded me of all the power saver mails and shut your desktop when you leave campaign. Went right under the AC just thinking of it and had a view of the street 3 floors below. The street was filled with vehicles parked on one side and a line of street side shops selling tea(cutting) vadapav etc on the other. The sky was cloudy (Pune did receive a bit of summer drizzle yesterday). The street were filled with lot of youngsters, girls and boys chit chatting and discussing and arguing enjoying tea, vadapav and cigars. They all were from the WNS BPO/callcentre and probably leaving home after their shifts. It reminded me of my college days when we would hang around the few shops outside our college by the side of the Highway chit chatting over cigars/coffee and all that (Dont think girls used to give company :( ).
Another check at the ticket Queue to ensure nothing was unusual and off I went to the toilet. My colleague took the adjacent toilet to me. Its been at least 4 months since i last talked to the guy who was sitting (shitting rather) at the adjacent toilet. It was a privilege that we enjoyed at hostel (back at the Engg college). The only opportunity was at office but I was too new to this company to have the confidence to do it(It takes a lot) and i dint know anyone good enough.
I remember doing it at my old company (not before a i spent a good 1.5 years) where i spent the better part of my last 3 years.

After that rather satisfying minutes I declared time for breakfast (Bread omlette was my choice of the day) . We went to the street where the WNS guys were reigning half an hour before, now there were only a few guys and girls who still dint get a cab to get back home were around. One of the girl was feeding a stray dog with a packet of potato chips. The dog was jumping and snatching the chips from the girls hand. We proceeded to a shop and didnt find Bread omlette there so decided that we will head to the IBM cafeteria in the campus for breakfast so just took tea (cutting) from the street side shop with cigars for my colleagues to go with tea. The girl was still feeding but theere were two dogs now. A little later i heard the girl say to the guy next to her "Tum dedo isko , Mere ko dar lag raha hai". Now, Didn't I sent an SMS to Jithu a couple of weeks before which said something like "The greatest strength of a Woman lies in her ability to show her weakness" ?. should i change show to showcase (No Offense to Women I know hahaha :) ). There was a bit of a smile on my face as we headed to the IBM cafeteria for the much needed breakfast, wasn't it Bread and Omelette that I was looking for?

2 comments:

Praveen Varrier said...

There would have been some more to walkthrough if the TT played after these events was included, atleast could have left unbored.

Sandeep said...

Well, I dint promise to put in all the stuff.
Sorry if you got bored. but blog about TT would not have been as interesting as playing it anyway